The wait is over…. today we are excited to release the 2023 Newcastle Salary Guide – your ultimate guide to local salary insights and market data!
The 2023 Newcastle Salary Guide is the culmination of insights gathered from over 1000 placements, job seekers and companies across Newcastle and the Hunter.
Importantly it is a local guide, specifically developed for the Newcastle and Hunter Region – benchmarking 300+ salaries, including permanent and contracting, across 20 sectors, including:
- Customer Service
- People & Culture
- Finance & Accounting
- Strategy, Risk & Legal
Here’s a few quick insights:
- The local job market remains resilient, with 78% of Newcastle and Hunter-based businesses expecting to increase their workforce in 2023
- Salaries are expected to rise in 2023 with 60% of companies reporting they will increase salaries at the same rate as in 2022
- There are, however, signs of a cooling job market as rising interest rates and chronically high inflation impact business growth and confidence
- With this recalibration we are seeing job application rates increase and more candidate mobility in some industries, a welcome change for many organisations struggling with candidate shortages
- Despite this, candidate shortages will be sustained across technology, engineering and construction sectors, where demand is still high
- Remote work options are on the rise with 40% of companies expecting to engage fully remote employees in 2023 removing some of the geographical barriers to landing your ideal candidate
Secure and retain the right talent for your business by understanding the salary ranges across your industry, and the economic issues to which they are exposed. Offer informed and competitive salaries or contract rates for new positions to ensure that your business is well placed not just to survive, but to thrive in a rapidly changing and uncertain business environment.
Know your worth! Benchmark your current salary against the 2023 Salary Guide to understand if you are being paid fairly and competitively. Learn more about which roles are in high demand across the region right now, or determine your next career move by discovering more about key emerging industries that will offer competitive employment and salary prospects across the region in the years to come.
Your definitive guide to salaries in Newcastle and the Hunter
Download the 2023 Newcastle Salary Guide today for a snapshot of current market rates and key trends for over 300 roles across 20 key industries in the region.
Do you need assistance with your workforce redesign or more specific salary data? We can help. Contact us on 0249 050 130 or email [email protected] today.