The wait is over…. today we are excited to release the 2022 Newcastle Salary Guide – your ultimate guide to local salary insights and market data!
The 2022 Newcastle Salary Guide is handcrafted by our team of expert consultants, based on our research and insights from the thousands of candidates and clients we work with.
Importantly it’s is a local guide, specifically developed for our region – benchmarking 300+ salaries, including permanent and contracting, across a range of roles and sectors, including:
- Technology and Digital
- Marketing and Communications
- Administration & Customer Service
- Manufacturing & Construction
- Engineering & Safety
- People & Culture
- Finance & Accounting
- Strategy, Risk & Legal
The guide also examines some of the key economic issues that will influence the employment landscape in Newcastle as regional and national economies emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic. We look closely at regional factors, emerging industries, infrastructure investment, strategies to combat talent-drain, trends in the use of contracting as a response to uncertainty, and the evolution of employee benefits.
Here’s a few quick insights:
- Local hiring is strong – up by more than 30% on the previous year – but a talent shortage poses a challenge for many organisations
- Widespread salary increases were seen in 2021 due to the enormous undersupply of talent, particularly in industries like Technology resulting in salary increases of up to 40%
- Day rates for contractors are rising in line with salaries – we have observed steady increases of between 8 and 12% across the board in the last 12 months
- As the war for talent continues, developing a compelling employee value proposition is key to sustainably securing — and retaining — the right talent
- Flexible work arrangements are now expected by candidates and current employees alike, with remote working options also removing some of the geographical barriers to landing your ideal candidate or role
- Inbound migration of up to 10% indicates that Newcastle and the greater Hunter region continue to hold appeal for those looking for an alternative to capital city-living in a post-pandemic world
Secure and retain the right talent for your business by understanding the salary ranges across your industry, and the economic issues to which they are exposed. Offer informed and competitive salaries or contract rates for new positions to ensure that your business is well placed not just to survive, but to thrive in a rapidly changing and uncertain business environment.
Know your worth! Benchmark your current salary against the 2022 Salary Guide to understand if you are being paid fairly and competitively. Learn more about which roles are in high demand across the region right now, or determine your next career move by discovering more about key emerging industries that will offer competitive employment and salary prospects across the region in the years to come.
Your definitive guide to salaries in Newcastle and the Hunter
Download the 2022 Newcastle Salary Guide today for a snapshot of current market rates and key trends for over 300 roles across 17 key industries in the region.
Do you need assistance with your workforce redesign or more specific salary data? We can help. Contact us on 0249 050 130 or email [email protected] today.